When should I speak to a dietitian?
While everyone will benefit from optimizing his or her nutrition, there are specific conditions/diseases where one would especially benefit from a dietitian’s support. These include:
- Weight loss or weight maintenance
- Diabetes – Type 1, Type 2, gestational etc.
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol and heart disease
- Liver disease
- Eating disorders
- Celiac disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome and other gastrointestinal problems
- Food allergy and intolerance
- Enteral nutrition and supplemental feeding
- Weight control in malnutrition
During the consultation, the dietitian will take your anthropometric measurements and will ask you what you typically eat in a day, along with your food likes and dislikes to get a general idea of your normal eating routine. Changes to your diet will be recommended by the dietitian, according to your specific condition and goal.